Thursday 30 June 2011

Temporal Issues

More testing of Bad Seeds I'm afraid, not much else has been going on at my end.  I'm currently house/dog-sitting for Jim and the dog requires an awful lot of walks.  It seems that every time I sit down to do something, I need to be somewhere else or get back to the house to walk the dog.  At least I've done a fair amount of painting across both my armies - though actually completing models has been somewhat lax.  Janissa is almost done and I finished Orin Midwinter.  I'm pretty sure Kell Bailoch and Janissa could be done in a single sitting, it's just finding the time right now.

As for Bad Seeds testing, the list controls the flanks like nothing else I've seen, but I'm still having trouble with heavy armour.  Normally I'd swap out a Renegade and the Trencher Master Gunner for a Mangler (and thus run 3 heavies - Nomad, Mangle, and a Defender) but the dual Renegade threat seems to have undue influence on my opponents.  Casters like pVlad do nothing but cast Wind Wall all day while the Obliterator Rockets are available.  I think I may have to adopt a technique of concentrated firepower with all that ranged infantry the list carts around.  Hit a target with Calamity, fill it full of holes.  A bit focus heavy, but I think it could work.

3 comments:

  1. You know Andy, you could put some pictures up of all the models you are painting. Would be nice to see some of your work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh, most of these are being done just to get them done - they're not my usual standard. I'm tempted to get a spray gun to see if I can get stuff done faster that way.

    There's a link in the left column of the blog to the work I've previously done, though the Mercenary stuff in there is fairly dated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An airbrush is a great tool, but don't expect that it will save you a lot of time.

    ReplyDelete