Saturday 11 June 2011

Feel My Wroth

My copy of Wrath arrived this morning, and I accepted it with a truly astounding bedhead.  After a few more hours of rest I actually read the thing and it's a pretty unusual update as far as the normal books go.  Firstly, there are almost no new units.  I think there's one, for Khador, and that's a 2 man (woman in this case) unit.  Everything else is basically new warjacks and new solos.  Since I like warjacks, this pleased me greatly.

However, seeing a Cryx warcaster with Telekinesis displeased me greatly.  One could say I was disgusted.  Scaverous appears to be insanely broken - though not quite on eDeneghra's scale of utterly broken, he's certainly in close attendance.  His themed force is crazily easy to get as well.

Constance is certainly interesting, and I'd like to at least get her as one of my casters.  She seems to be much like a Cygnaran defensive version of Terminus.  She collects friendly souls during her feat turn and like Big T the feat effectively gives her two turns of invulnerability - provided she isn't shot to death by mage hunters and your opponent is willing to kill some stuff for you.  She's also a big fan of Precursor Knights, as if that was a surprise.

I'm also liking the look of Damiano.  Unfortunately both he and Constance both want to run lots of infantry - Precursors in her case, and Steelheads in his.  There are certainly advantages to either style of play, it's just deciding which is more to my liking that is the problem.  Do I go with Precursors and a Highborn list, or utilize the Steelheads I already own and are painted?  Even their feats function in a similar manner for Mercenaries.  Damiano's is more straight forward, but with Transference in her spell list Constance could have 5 dice weapon master damage rolls on some of her infantry.  ARRGGG.  I'll try out both on Vassal I think and see which one I prefer.

So... my Bad Seeds force is now all build, assembled and based - barring the 8 models I haven't yet got.  I tried it briefly on Vassal and promptly crowded myself badly and totally fluffed up part of my feat turn with the Ambushing Sword Knights.  On the whole however, the list was performing quite well despite my blundering. It certainly needs a couple more games to iron out the workings of it.  It has potential anyway.

Seeing that Mercenaries once again failed to break the P+S 17 roof (even with Gallant) I'm looking wistfully back at my Trollbloods already.  Sneaky tricks may not abound, but being able to wreck anything I point at is massively tempting.  I think I'll paint what I have anyway, it's better than pulling out multiple silver/white/black armies.

No comments:

Post a Comment