Thursday 16 June 2011

Eat Your Spinage

My Bad Seeds list is soooo close to completion that I can taste the metal filings already.  I've just ordered my Commandos and Saxon Orrik, everything else is assembled and based.  There are ranks upon ranks of small based models lined up in orderly rows on my undercoating tray.  I can't say how much of a pleasure it is to paint small based miniatures again, especially ones that wear lots of armour.  Once the entire force is painted I'm going to take new pictures of everything for the photo album - though my painting techniques have improved drastically since my early Mercenary stuff.

I've been examining Rociante's artwork and I think I can duplicate everything except for his head.  I have an antediluvian Mariner that is in pieces and if I chop the cannon a bit shorter and remove the existing Mariner hand, I should be able to attach it to a Nomad's shield hand (sans shield) and then put some fine chain on it.  Voila, instant Rociante!  Almost.  Rociante's head is a bit harder to duplicate, but I'm looking into it.  I think it's going to be a job for the green stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment