Tuesday 11 May 2010

Locomotive of Thought

Having now had a couple of games against Jim and his Cryx lists with my eMagnus Masters list, I think I'm going to tweak my list slightly. I've found in MKii that Gorman di Wulfe is not the wunderkind I was hoping him to be, he's useful but to be useful he's got to be very, very close to the action and that means he gets killed. A lot. While I do love Boomhowler & Co, and having played the Trollbloods for a while too, shuffling all those medium bases around just gives me a headache. They last forever and effectively freezes part of my opponent's army, but I don't think I need 10 of them to pull that off. Strangely, once Boomhowler is on his own, his personal effectiveness increases as you aren't constrained by the 4+ Tough anymore. Rage Howler will make your opponent ragequit if they have a warjack/warbeast heavy list.

So... Who gets to step up to the plate to replace these stalwarts of my army after so long? Well, I'm reducing Boomhowler & Co to a minimum unit. This will give the rest of my army room to manoeuvre around the bulky Trollkin. To replace Gorman and remove the constant problem of not having someone to repair my warjacks, I'm going to bring in Thor Steinhammer and with those extra points from the smaller Boomhowler & Co unit, he gets a Grundback Blaster for spray attack goodness.

So now my list looks like this:
Magnus the Warlord
+Mangler
+Nomad
+Renegade
+Renegade
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters (max)
Greygore Boomhowler & Co. (min)
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord
Thor Steinhammer
+Grundback Blaster

I'm going to test this out against one of Jim's lists tonight and will report back once the dust settles.

1 comment:

  1. Well, that was a comedy of errors. Eiryss in the wrong place almost all the time, arc nodes in the wrong place. MORE PRACTICE NEEDED! Also need to grow a brain.

    ReplyDelete