Tuesday 20 April 2010

Focused Fire

I have now had the chance to experiment with my 35 point eMagnus list and it rocks. I played against a new (for me) player called George. He was using pDeneghra (the joy) and what seemed like a pretty balanced list. In the end I managed to drop pDeneghra with a rocket, whack Kiss of Lyliss on her, then shoot her with eMagnus' Scattergun and a Convection (she should have died at this point, but miraculously survived) and finally shot her with a Nyss Hunter who could get into the stealth bubble. All during her feat turn.

Magnus the Warlord
+Mangler
+Nomad
+Renegade (bonded)
Cylena Ryssyl and Nyss Hunters (max)
Lady Aiyana and Master Holt
Gorman di Wulfe
Rupert Carvolo, Piper of Menoth
Eiryss, Angel of the Retribution

I am very impressed with the Nyss Hunters. After playing with so many lists where shooting was completely absent it is a massive relief to be able to shoot down all those crafty Bile Thralls waiting in the wings. That and giving them DEF 16 is lolworthy. Their MAT isn't impressive, but they do have Weapon Master - combine all this with Aiyana and Holt and Calamity and they bring the pain where I need it.

Calamity and Kiss of Lyliss are a match made in heaven. Things just disintegrate beneath the power of these two abilities combined. It's heart warming.

3 comments:

  1. Calamity was great on grissel, but on a caster with access to a node it must be amazing. I never even knew he had that spell in mk2. with the other dirty elven hooker, +2 to hit and +4 to damage must be amazing. With buffs like that anything cryxian will die(again) even if it was just insulted let alone attacked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hard part is figuring out how when you can spare the focus for it. Magnus is only focus 6 so it's a serious drain on his resources. I keep thinking I'll need to put more focus on his warjacks but with both Calamity and Kiss up on a target, the only time I put focus on a warjack it killed the target in one hit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realised you also have gorman. calamity, kiss and a rust bomb must be lolworthy.

    ReplyDelete