Tuesday 2 June 2009

Lurking in the Depths

Hark, 'tis the sound of an update. A Privateer Press website update to be exact. Their web tech has unveiled their snazzy new website and you can see why it took so long for them to get it finished, there's a donkey cart load of new graphics, icons and dynamic tables. Fun fun fun.

Last week I helped Jim test his eKrueger list but managed to fluff up my 2nd turn, which then meant Magnus died (just). If I'd also remembered that we were playing a scenario I'd just have stayed back and won doing that instead since I OWNED the scenario zone. Tomorrow I plan to give Jim a more challenging game where I don't forget that Circle bring Arcane Killer bloody everywhere.

Iain's Pyre Troll is now 90% done, I have to finish the quills on the head, the flame spew, the toe nails and then varnish it all. There's probably a couple of touch ups I could do as well, but we'll see. I'd like to finish it so that I can give it back to Iain already. It has given me the urge to play Trollbloods however, I was thinking I'd swap my Ye Olde pMadrak and Axer - the first PP miniatures I painted (it shows) - for someone's unpainted ones. I think I'll check with Iain tomorrow.

New WM/H related podcasts are starting to appear on the mystical interwebs. Scalpel has just announced Boosted Damage, and there's a new podcast called Guts'N'Gears too. For those of you who do not listen to any WM/H related podcasts here's my brief run down:
Fell Calls! - These guys play for fun and their podcast is very relaxed and usually quite smooth. Definitely my favorite.
The Iron Agenda - More serious than Fell Calls! and it's a dryer, more intellectual analysis of the game. Has unusual amount of Mercenary hate. If I want some hard play data on a model I listen to these guys.
Gut'N'Gears - Reeks of giant geek. I kid you not, there are moments in this that I cringe to the point of having a hernia. Episode 2 is a definite improvement but it's still too geeky for me.
Boosted Damage - Has a nice relaxed feel to it, so far it's been quite informative. Focuses on WM/H tournaments in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment