Wednesday 21 July 2010

And the Tongue of Gene Simmons

Having secured a copy of the latest No Quarter from Jim (he won the coin toss, so we opted to fight lions for it) I had the opportunity to ponder what all these shiny new Hordes models mean for future lists.  I'm trying to find out if the Skorne Paingiver Task Master's abilities apply to eMagnus.  It's never actually going to come up and I'm 99% sure it doesn't apply, but it could be funny if it works.

The Swamp Troll brings a more interesting ranged option to the Trollbloods.  I have a special place in my dark, shrivelled heart for models and abilities that can move around other models, so the opportunity to use Drag is certainly tempting.  Critical Consume on the ranged attack is also incredible.

I suspect the Thrullg is going to become the Hordes version of eEiryss.  Expect to see it following people's favourite units around to remove such spells as Crippling Grasp from them.  I'm not entirely sure what to make of the increased ability for various factions to remove enemy upkeep spells - will we ever see spells like Calamity or Crippling Grasp being upkept after this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment