Thursday 30 April 2009

Project Grey Sky

I shall start today's blog with a quick retelling of my Tuesday game against Jim: Jim rolls crap dice, he feats with eSkarre to make everything invulnerable (or effectively so), I feat with eMagnus to make sure his invulnerable stuff can't move, we have a big punch up in the middle of the board, I get distracted by the realisation that I could set the Slayer on fire with Lord Rockbottom (WHILE I was moving Lord Rockbottom to stop Magnus from getting killed), then Magnus dies.

There was a point when eSkarre was within my Mangler's threat range, and she'd already taken 5 damage from using her feat - unfortunately I'd missed that part out or else I'd just have gone for it, a single good whack would have killed her. I probably should have just gone for the attack anyway. This was also my test run with running only a single Renegade, which was a new experience. Jim engaged it pretty early on so it didn't get to do all that much other than... no it didn't get to do all that much. I think I might try swapping out the Steelhead Cavalry for a Nomad and keeping the two Renegades next, that should free up about 5-7 points to put elsewhere (since I drop the support solos for the Steelheads).

Now, onto Project Grey Sky. This is me delving into Cygnar, or at least painting the little Cygnar stuff I have at the moment. Perhaps most importantly for this project is my eStryker conversion, which I have done a little resculpting on and have spend an entire night creating a nice base for. I have also been working on coming up with a solid colour scheme that isn't the signature Cygnar blue - I've opted to go for grey, white, silver, and gold as my base colours, with electric blue for appropriate pieces of technology. Once Rising Conflict is done I'll start shopping around to either sell or trade my Mercenaries - wonderful though they have been.

Of course this all takes a back seat to the work I have to get done for Rising Conflict and for Iain's Pyre Troll (base constructed and model has been cleaned and pinned, it should be done just after Rising Conflict).

Update - wow, painting eStryker is a real bitch. I can't seem to get some sort of flow going with this miniature. Still, the base looks amazing, definitely something to remember for future models (*cough* eMagnus MKii *cough*).

No comments:

Post a Comment