Tuesday 6 December 2011

Reinforced Concrete

So, the final stretches of the SR2012 draft document are underway apparently.  I've only glanced through it if I'm honest, but I'm not happy with the phrase 'artifices'.  'Supplemental Rules' or some such name which is easier to grasp might have been a better design decision, but I have faith in Hacksaw76, he has been tried and tested before and come out swinging.  Not many of you will remember the early days of Steamroller and the level of broken those scenarios brought to the table.  Those days were the Dark Ages.

Personally I dislike the idea that these artifices are mandatory, and it is optional to remove them, rather than the other way around.  My biggest gripe is Reinforcements.  These function basically as models with Ambush but only along a certain length of the board.  It just screams of additional paperwork to me, but I will admit that ambushing models/units are immensely fun.  Bad Seeds Saxon Orrik remains my hero.  That said, the rules are still in draft, and may change.  And like I said, I have faith in Hacksaw to produce a good scenario package.

I've come to realize that most of my Trollblood lists now all conform to the same basic layout.  There are some slight variations with each warlock, but the basic premise is the same:
1.) 3 heavies.  When I can manage it, never leave home without 3 heavies.  Certain lists get by with two, but those lists usually forgo a Bomber in favor of a War Wagon - pDoomshaper and eGrissel for example.
2.) 2 Axers.  Always, with only one exception - eGrissel since I was thinking about bringing the Sons of Bragg with her instead of the second Axer.
3.) KSB+UA.  There is never, ever, ever a reason NOT to take the Krielstone in a list.  Ever.
4.) Whelps.  With so many warbeasts, I'd be insane to leave home without them.

So my lists now look something like this:
Hoarluk Doomshaper, Shaman of the Gnarls (pDoomy)
+ Mulg the Ancient
+ Dire Troll Mauler
+ Troll Axer
+ Troll Axer
+ Troll Bouncer
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes (min)
+ Stone Scribe Elder
Janissa Stonetide
War Wagon
Feralgeist
Reinforcement: Dire Troll Bomber

Borka is my notable exception, but his list has yet to be tested.  I think I'll use it tonight against Barry and his hogs.  It will be an exercise in making a grown man cry as I attempt to buff Boomhowler & Co to ludicrous levels.  I only wonder about the list's hitting power.

No comments:

Post a Comment