Tuesday 6 January 2009

Belated Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone who actually looks at this blog - hahah, people look at this blog, like that's going to happen. Anyway, I didn't do anything exciting for New Year this year, I babysat for my sister. My nephew has started to play rugby (sort of) with me: he picks up a small fan-sized rugby ball and runs into my knees, I'm then expected to fall over and then let him jump up and down on me. It's all highly entertaining but Jamie has picked up some the strange idea that I shouldn't be allowed to be upright. When he sees me walking around he shoves my knees and cries when I don't fall over. Fun times are had by all.

Anyway, I've ordered the Steelhead Trinity now, I just need to wait for them to arrive, restock my washes and paints that I use in my army colour scheme and tada! 500 point mercenary army. The EU Frontdesk have also just e-mailed me telling me that they've posted the appropriate Steelhead halberdier arm.

Someone asked what paints I've been using for my colour scheme (though the scheme is a bit dark and flat, next time I'll use a brighter green I think). Here's a list:
GW Catachan Green
GW Bleached Bone (mix with Catachan Green to highlight)
GW Devlann Mud Wash (mix with Catachan Green to shade, apply over bronze metallics)
GW Badab Black Wash (apply over silver metallics - this is why everyone asks if I've been doing non-metallic metals on my models)
GW Boltgun Silver
GW Dwarf Bronze

Well that's all for now, I have to go get gubbed by Jim yet again at G3.

No comments:

Post a Comment