Friday 15 January 2016

Birdman Returns

Hwoar!  Back in the swing of things again after a few months of thumb-twiddling.  It's taken a while, but I'm once again back into warband theorycrafting and getting games in on a semi-regular basis.  At this moment I'm quite focused on my first iteration of what will probably be my next UK Masters warband using the Tengu Decension.  I also have this strange idea to bring a different faction every year...  So next year, Jung Pirates.  Honest.

Back to the Tengu Decension however, I'm only missing 2 models from my upcoming warband: Qimmiq who is released in Wave 27 some time in early February; and another unreleased profile that should be out in the following wave.  While I still have a lot of Tengu Decension models to paint, all the models currently available in my warband are finished and ready to go.  Quite chuffed with that really.  I'll get working on the models I'm most likely to use in other warbands next, such as the Zephyr Guard(s).

The dock board is on hold at the moment, there are some art supplies I need to pick up so that the wooden docks don't fall apart over time.  The plan is to get some really thin plasticard and glue the dock planks to that rather than trying to glue them to a frame of some sort.  This will make the planks really solid and you'll have to do some serious work to pry them off.

After that I'll need to level out the rest of the board and 'pave' it with textured plasticard. I don't have enough plasticard for the full thing but I think I can cut it into small pieces and have rough terrain sections poking through - the docks are supposed to be run down after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment