Wednesday 5 March 2014

More Like Beige Secrets

I'm really quite enjoying my Temple of Ro-kan at the moment, and I've ordered a few more models to help fill in the gaps in my lists.  I really want to try out double Fire Kami so I can just obliterate models like Taka from miles away (dice willing).  However, we'll have to see how that works out, there are still some other things I'm wanting to try out first - such as Riku, Suchiro, and Kenko all in one list.  I saw LEJ's Masters winning list and it's very well rounded, it certainly made me think a lot harder about scenarios and how to get the early scenario points in.

To that end I looked at my Ito Clan force where I sacrificed a model (dropping down to 6 models at 50 rice) to get some special cards.  However, the Special Cards aren't quite the pay out I hoped to get with the Ito Clan: let's use Dark Secrets as an example, it has the power to win games in the right circumstances but it can be simply nullified through a bad dice roll.  When it works, it effectively gives a 4 activation swing - my opponent loses 2, I gain 2.  However, if I had to ditch a model to get it, I've lost 8 activations total in a 6 turn game - my model activates twice a turn for 6 turns, and that's assuming the Dark Secrets card worked and wasn't resisted.  Unless the game is over by turn 2 then I was better off with the extra model.  So it's back to making 7 model lists and seeing if I have any points left over.

I very much enjoy my shisai/debuff list, it is by far the list I like the most.  I've tried out a large variation of Ito Clan lists now, and that is the one that just sticks with me.  I'm tempted to drop Chiyo down to a normal Temple Bushi and take Orochi's Shadow (1 rice version) so I can try to drop a massive poison bomb on a key enemy model early in the game in an effort to kill them without any additional effort on my part, or just drop her down to a Temple Bushi and upgrade Kazuhiko to Hitoshi so I have a good number of MS 3 models.  Hmmm, that may be the next list I try out, on turn 1 I can have just about everyone at move 5 with a tiny bit of channeling, and throw out some minor poisons while I'm at it.  I should really get Hitoshi painted up so that this variation of my shisai/debuff list will be fully painted too.



Shisai/Debuff List v1.2b:

Ito Ayako
Ito Kenzo
Naoko
Sakura
Hitoshi
Temple Bushi
Temple Bushi



No comments:

Post a Comment