Friday 1 June 2012

Colossal Design Issues

Having now immersed myself in web design, I can frankly say that the blog has a terrible layout/design.  It's something I'll have to do some work on the layout if I maintain it.

In better news however, Colossals spoilers abound!  The book is rather light on new models - in fact there's only a legendary warcaster and a colossal for each faction except Mercenaries, who get a new Rhulic warcaster and eAlexia (and the Galleon colossal of course) in their entry.  There is also an Ashlynn resculpt.  At long last.

As a Mercenary player (once in a blue moon anyway) I am cannot overstate my joy at the Galleon being at roughly the same P+S as the other colossals (19 and 21 depending on which side the Galleon is whacking things with).  Granted it's still 1 less than the other colossals with the harpoon arm but at long last Mercenaries have broken through the P+S 17 glass ceiling.  Also, Ashlynn resculpt.  Did I mention that?

I'm very curious about General Ossram and the Rhulic options he brings.  His themed force is really quite nice, allowing for the full Rhulic options that a normal Searforge list would offer and there are some nice additional benefits such as trenches being available.  I'm tempted to test out a force made up of mostly Rhulic heavies on Vassal.

However, all this Mercenary goodness comes at a price, so I'll have to prioritize Mercenaries or Trollbloods over the next year, I'm pretty sure I can't afford to pick up both a Galleon and a Mountain King (or two).

No comments:

Post a Comment