Thursday 16 February 2012

Tanks for the Memories

I was looking at my Mercenaries since I'm in something of a painting mood lately (even if most of my paints dried up) and I keep thinking I'll go for the street cred at this year's UK Masters.  Then I look at this and throw that idea straight out the window.  I want my tank.

Luckily I know Shae Konnit (or as I know him: Gav) who can supply me with my Warmachine/Hordes needs!  Whilst his online store does leave a lot to be desired, a quick e-mail to Gav can usually net you what you're after at a very reasonable price.  It's where I'm getting my awesometastic War Wagon from.

There's been a lot of interest in eMagnus on the Mercenaries forums, with an additional inspection focused on the Bad Seeds themed force.  I tend to play that list primarily as an assassination list, but a lot of other people have been saying they've been using it in more of an attrition style.  Maybe it's time I try it out with the attrition in mind, as I'm trying to teach myself to do with the Trollbloods.  Unfortunately a lot of the games I've played with it were without time limits, but I'm pretty sure I could fairly easily score a control point or two in a normal timed game.

With less than 20 games to squeeze in before the UK Masters, I really need to decide what to bring.  I wrote down my 3 planned Mercenary lists and then realised just how many models I'd need to get, and that made me a sad panda.  I think I'd need 3 more boxes of Steelhead Halberdiers, 2 min unit boxes of Steelhead Heavy Cavalry, another box of Sword Knights, the list goes on and on.  It's a pretty big order when it comes down to it, not even my PG points could cover all of that.  I don't think my soul would survive having to paint all that either.

On the other hand, the Trollbloods have the benefit of having a larger amount of overlap between my lists.  Reinforcements are also quite simple: Burrowers, Fell Caller, 1 point option of choice.  Nice and easy.  For my choice of warlocks, I was thinking pDoomshaper, Grim Angus and Jarl Skuld.  I think I've worked out a Jarl list I'm happy to test but I think I'll need to play around with other things for Grim Angus' list.  Given my terrible record against Cryx, I should probably cater some sort of list to counter the issues I typically have playing against them.

No comments:

Post a Comment