Tuesday 4 August 2009

Implements of Impalement

Privateer Press has released pictars of the third fully plastic unit, the Ogrun Warspears. There's also been yet more Retribution models revealed: the Mage Hunter Assassin, the Dawnguard Scyir and a warcaster, Adeptis Rahn (armed with the 'Kill-a-majig').

Now that I'm working almost full-time (depends on the volume of work) I've noticed that my updates are sorely lacking. Also, I've not had a proper game in a while now. I was supposed to play PG Thom tonight but his dad's ill so Thom's going to visit him. I've sent in my Press Ganger application, so hopefully that works out and I can run all sorts of crazy events.

Work on my Impaler is progressing slowly but surely and I've even reached the stage where I've had to glue him to his base since everywhere I can hold him is painted. He's my first experiment with doing metallics properly instead of a black wash or 2 and then baking it. Next up on the painting schedule will be my Slayer for the Halloween survival event I want to run. I plan to do the helljack in full metallics, it will look badass.

If you're in the Glasgow area and have been looking for that long static grass used to make reeds/clumps of tall grass, D&F Models currently has some in stock (since I asked them to get it for me and they went a bit overboard). The tall grass really adds variety to bases, I've already added it to eDoomy's base and I'm pleased with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment