Tuesday 3 February 2009

Gaming Blog: Foiled Again

Yet again ganked by Jim, though I'm starting to see the margin decrease. Even against Vlad and his sheer uberness I dropped him to half health before Magnus died horribly. The opportunity to assassinate Vlad was there but I just didn't have the fire power to pull it off - both Stannis Brocker and an obliterator rocket failing to do their assigned tasks (kill Vlad). Still, moral victory as always. Ashlynn should be arriving some time this week hopefully, so I'm going to try her out next week, see how that works out.

Tonight's game was very fast, Hardcore fast. Jim had come straight from work so we nipped out to get him some food and then we were distracted by a game on the next table. By the time we'd started we were almost two hours behind schedule. Luckily for both of us we seem to know our lists inside out so we may as well have been playing Hardcore timing rules. We'd finished by 9 pm after my failed assassination attempt and me forgetting about pVlad's feat - I'd remembered about Boundless Charge though. My mental checklist went off just as Jim had started his turn to sound of me saying "Crap, that's prime Vlad." and so Magnus ate a Destroyer to the face. I'd even checked to make sure Magnus was outside the normal Boundless Charge range of the Destroyer. Ah well, it was a fast and brutal game - on Jim's part anyway, I'd committed to attempting the caster kill on Vlad and so suffered the repercussions.

Things I Learnt:
Signs and Portents is as cheesey as a dairy farm.
Blood of Kings is just as cheesey.
Beating Vlad requires some way to deny him the ability to cast spells - Eiryss, Aiyana or Orin Midwinter spring to mind. Alternatively I need to be able to drop some insanely high powered attacks on him.
Jim has a feat too.

No comments:

Post a Comment