Saturday 3 August 2019

Conclave Conclusions

Eldest Brother
Having now done a whole bunch of games with my Conclave of Captains warband, I'm happy with how it performs.  The theme itself may need a more concrete benefit, as I've been finding the bonuses feel invisible.  On the other hand, the warband is really, really solid.

I've tried a wide variety of special cards in the warband, and a 3 rice Kamikaze has given me the best results so far.  It did occur to me not too long ago that I can try out Hiroto with a Hand Cannon.  He would get Assassin off from it...  Or I can help alleviate Eldest Brother's chief problem by giving him a Vial of Raijin's Rage.  If I drop out of Conclave and into Ordered for Battle (since Conclave probably won't be out before the next tournament), I think I'll give Eldest Brother the Vial, and drop the Kamikaze down.

The warband has a really interesting graph of how powerful it is throughout a game.  It is incredibly weak on turn 1, has a large spike on turn 2 as Hiroto and Eldest Brother arrive, and then the power flattens out for the rest of the game.  If I win the Tactical Test on turn 2, my opponent is usually in some serious trouble.  If I don't, then I'm presenting threat saturation so they won't be able to deal with everything.  You could kill Hibiki, but then Hiroto will murder someone in return.

Now I just need to finish painting Hiroto and I'll have my next fully painted warband.

No comments:

Post a Comment