Sunday 19 May 2019

It's Too Bright

EXCITING TIMES!  RISEN SUN IS AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER.



All the capitals, but honestly, if you're reading this blog, you already know Risen Sun is available.  The Pre-Order will end on the 1st of July, so it won't all be available before the UK Games Expo.  There are a number of things I'm proud of with the work I put into Risen Sun, but two stand out in particular: the redesign of Satou Kioshi, and my suggestion for the cover (though someone else has obviously done all the hard work).
"I actually like the plain white with the logo.  Could go with traditional Japanese bookbinding pattern along the spine."
LOOK AT THAT.  LOOK AT IT!  I mean, the binding is on the wrong side, but it's still a gorgeous-looking book.  My OCD also noted that a corner of the title label has folded over.

The downside to Risen Sun (Risun?) is that I cannot afford all the new goods to update my collection.  I've ordered rulebooks, ronin cards, and Eldest Brother for myself and Jim; and two factions for each of us.  I don't have any of the models in the Prefecture starter box, so I ordered that too.  My Ito Clan updates and Jim's Savage Wave are going to have to wait a while.

2 comments:

  1. The rulebook design is really cool and I simply love all the new starters. Which new faction did you choose? Your blog is great, by the way. Since I play Jung and Prefecture, your tactical insights are really helpful. I would love to read more about Jung tactics (especially Black Sails), as I haven't yet figured out how to play them effectively.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm primarily a Jung Pirates player, but I've recently branched into Prefecture. I also have a large amount of the Ito Clan and a decent amount of the Decension, but I haven't used the Decension in quite some time.

      Delete