Sunday 2 September 2018

Testing Base

There appears to be a noticeable increase in the number of testers for Risen Sun, which can only be a good thing.  More feedback is always better at this stage, though some of the feedback is directly opposite my own.

I'm really enjoying painting my Prefecture, which is something I wasn't expecting.  I'm usually not a fan of painting armour, but something about the samurai armour just works for me.  Iiju has some awkwardness going on with how his hands join at the wrist, so I might end up using a plastic version from Rise of the Kage instead if he doesn't come out as well as I'd like.  So far though he's coming along pretty well.  Once he's complete I'll have done all the Hare clan models.

Given that there are more playtesters, there still isn't anyone else testing out the Jung Pirates, so I've been putting my Prefecture aside to test out the Jung.  So far I've found that Queen of the Waves is a very good theme for the Kami of the Morning Dew since you can place it in BtB with a friendly model and reliably get the heal off.  It’s often a bit of a trade off between getting a Heal off or being able to surprise an enemy model.  Next up for testing of Hibiki.  Could be interesting.

With new terrain deployment rules I'm finding that smaller warbands can quite easily function just as well as the larger ones.  This may be a reflection of the test scenario I’ve been using, since it encourages a simple punch up in the middle of the board.  I’ll have to design some new scenarios to help spread out warbands, preferable some that utilise the large based objective.

2 comments: