Friday 11 September 2015

Kage... Possibly Rising...

I've now tried out the Tengu Decension against a few more factions and players and it's becoming a lot clearer what they're good at and what they're not with the currently available profiles.  There's definitely a few holes in the faction: some bodyguard Tribesmen for the support tengu, and something to help deal with fear are the top of my list.  Right now they do suffer quite badly when out-activated since their ability to remove enemy models is weak.  I think I'm going to aim for sheer model count (like James Hasker has done) in the next couple of games.

In more important news: MY COPY OF RISE OF THE KAGE (with expansion) HAS ARRIVED!
Wooooooooooooooo.  It's all unpackaged and ready to be played on Sunday.

I do wish I'd ordered the Bushido cards for everything though, but I'm happy enough to be surprised when things actually come out.  It's a pretty big set of releases for Prefecture, and the introduction of the Shadow Wind Clan will certainly shift a few things in Bushido.  I didn't know the Jung Pirates would get some of their profiles revealed though, that really interests me - what's the faction schtick?

More terrain is available from Master Crafted Miniatures (who funnily enough did all the digital sculpts of the Tengu Decension from what I understand).  Lots of lanterns abound.

No comments:

Post a Comment