Thursday 8 March 2012

BRAWL!

I have a mostly assemble War Wagon sitting on my desk at the moment, and it's slowly getting painted.  Painting is actually going a lot faster than I thought it would since the War Wagon appears to be about 90% metal, so a quick series of drybrushing, highlighting, and washing seems to do the job nicely.  I do wish I had an airbrush though.  Painting the War Wagon makes me want to field a massive cavalry force of some sort, maybe with Borka or eGrissel.  I do have enough PG points to fill out my minimum unit of them, so that's something on the books in the future.  It's quite cool putting it all together with my painted stuff and seeing how it all looks - I'm aiming for intimidating.

The Tartan Brawl is this weekend and my e-mail has been bombarded with a seemingly endless series of lists - a number of which are missing their reinforcements or do not have the sender's real name.  I haven't decided on which scenarios to utilize, but it's quite likely I will go for a radial, a flank, and an interactive objective scenarios.  Luckily I also have tomorrow off so I can run around collecting the last bits and pieces for prize support (hello Wooden Spoon!).  I wonder how Wickes will feel about selling me a single brick...

Thanks to Ricki and Ross I have also discovered that the UK Masters this year is a week earlier than normal.  This is due to some randomness about the Queen's Jubilee.  Tickets should go on sale near the end of this month, so we'll have to keep an eagle eye out for when they go on sale and purchase ALL OF THEM.  Or at least enough for 4 of us (maybe 5 if Martin Casey chooses to defend his Mercenaries title).  If we're one ticket short, I think I could probably referee instead and earn a bajillion PG points.  It's really a win/win for me.  Unless we don't get a hotel, when it will blow goats.

In preparation for the UK Masters, I think I'll create a scenario document since I have expanded my understanding of the various scenarios with some actual practice.  We've discussed it up here and the mental image of the Glasgow players consulting a flow chart before every game is an image that makes me chortle just a little bit inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment