Thursday 15 October 2009

Dungeon Tiles

Oh yes. Dungeon Tiles. They are the answer I have been seeking all this time. The perturbations of my mind in finding these tiles allows me just the correct mix of freedom and restriction to make a pure alchemical solution suitable for crafting an adventure. I have purchased all 5 sets of the 4e D&D Dungeon Tiles (well, 4, the last one isn't out just yet, but I have it on pre-order now). A very valuable tool in using these Wondrous Items is PyMapper. Others who wish to utilize this artifice must first join the appropriate Yahoo Group and await approval of the group's owner. It's worth the wait.

When confronted with limitless choices I tend to freeze, much like a proverbial burrowing rodent before an illuminated device. Using the tiles seems to allow me to whip up the dungeons for my adventures much quicker than if I was planning out by freehand (as I was before). In fact I have almost finished writing The Corpse Trade and fully mapped each location out. All that remains is to give the NPCs stats, distribute treasure and... no, that's it. Maybe I'll write it up all neat and tidy and whack it up on the Iron Kingdoms RPG forums... Then other people will experience the wonder of Dungeon Tiles!

2 comments:

  1. Palmer you bloody ingrate! You'd best have used grout on them thar dungeon tiles, or there will be trouble!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doubt not the power of the humble Dungeon Tile.

    ReplyDelete