Wednesday 8 July 2009

Accursed Yellow

Painting on eDoomshaper is progressing, well, slowly to say the least. I also need to finish those damn Tyranids for Chris, hell I need to start the 'nids. Guess what my plans this week are? Back to eDoomshaper however, I couldn't quite get his thighs to be the same colour as his feet and face, it was infuriating. Until I applied a single coat of wash last night and suddenly everything matches. The amount of blending and different techniques I tried were astounding, and ultimately unsuccessful, and yet a single layer of wash solved it all. ARRRGGGGHHHHH.

I'm experimenting with reds at the moment and the use of purple to shade them. While normally I would highlight red by adding yellow and white (and some times green/blue to bring the shade back to a red) I wanted a deeper and richer red for my Trollblood cloth colour. Which is where the purple comes in. I think I'll have a shifty at Adam's Ali McVey Severius this weekend and see what shades she used on his cloak. Trollblood cloth tends to be a bit more lumpy than Severius' cloak however but it should give me suitable reference material.

Murray, you're such a gimp. Bring the Madrak and the Axer next week. Someone who isn't Murray and reading this should remind him. Constantly. Use of a nightstick is authorised.

No comments:

Post a Comment