Friday 28 May 2010

Painting Log: Hoarluk Doomshaper, Shaman of the Gnarls. Part 3

Behold the wonder of the nearly finished pDoomy!  All that's left to be done are the scrolls on his back, the 4 tiny metals items, the staff wrapping, the forearm guards, that flask thing and... ummm... oh yes, his hood.

I attached the scrolls to Doomshaper's back and then realised there was a very visible gap where the separate pieces connected.  To hide this I had to whip out the GreenStuff and create cunningly placed strapping.  Not exactly the hardest of sculpts but it's certainly got the job done.

I've discovered that GW Kommando Khaki may be my new favourite paint.  It's very thin and responds to being mixed with GW washes very well.  My only problem is that both the scrolls and all the strapping are the same colour... I may have to come up with another colour for one or both of them.

At the current rate of progress the miniature should be finished in the next update - baring varnishing.  I would really like to add some sort of dangling object from the end of the staff for some reason - much like Modelpainter's Doomshaper on CMON.  I wonder where I can get one of those censer thingies...

No comments:

Post a Comment